• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

question about anonymous hiv testing

xhead406

Bluelighter
Ok so tomorrow im hoping to go and get teste for hiv at an outreach group. I dont want my mom to know and im a minor so I dont even know if they will test me. Anyways though, if I end up positive do they report me in the health department or am I free to leave? I need to know soon as Im going tomorrow. Thank You.

I have no idea but do not let your fears stop you from getting tested. I hope your test turns out Neg. Good luck!

I heard that it take 2-3 weeks if you catch HIV for it to be detected so you may want to wait a few weeks after the sex episode and get tested. I also just sent you a private message

If it's a blood test it takes 2 weeks for the test results.

There's now saliva testing and that only takes 20 mins to tell the results of it.

I've never used saliva testing before since I wanted a blood test as I was told that they are more accurate and also with blood tests that are checked in a lab they're checked multiple times.

I usually go through my doctor to get tested and I just get it done with bloodwork that I get done yearly.

The only anonymous testing I've done was with those HIV test kits that are sold at drugstores and you prick your finger and collect a blood sample and fed ex it into a lab with a prepaid envelope and a few days later you call and give a code and have the results by phone. The kit costs $60 but you get results very fast, it's a blood test, and it's anonymous.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: